Saturday, January 5, 2013

Just Yourself to Blame

I saw a quote today that I 100% agree with, but I'm not sure who wrote it, so I'm sorry I can't give them the credit.

"Everything you do is based on the choices that you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decisions and choice you make. Period."

I've always said something similar to this. However, it wasn't until I saw this today that I realized I haven't been following my own belief. Just last night, I was talking to my cousin and telling her how I felt my parents were to blame for the grades I got in High School: for either not knowing how to push me or just not doing it correctly. In the end, it was me who caused my bad grades. I had the potential to be a 4.0 GPA student, all my teachers said so (except when it came to math), I just didn't have the personal drive or care to want to do better. That was my fault and mine alone.

So I feel I should post a public apology to my parents and anyone I have blamed for something I have caused to myself. I'm sorry I was such a butt-head teenager and I'm sorry I blamed you for things that were my problems to deal with and not yours.

The next time you go to blame someone for the way your life turned out, take a second to think about what you are about to say. Is it really their fault or are you trying to make an excuse for your own decisions and choices?

-----

Tomorrow, I hope to make a post about the potential covers for Up A Tree. I'm having a hard time deciding which one to go with. Maybe my Twitter and Facebook followers can help me decide. :D

Sara D


No comments:

Post a Comment